Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Suspicious article

Was taking bus 67 to dar's house yesterday and saw this black Mont Blanc pull-luggage at the standing area where the long bus connects. The voice which I hear everyday in the MRT station and on the MRT train played automatically in my mind "Please do not leave your belongings unattended. If you see any suspicious article, please inform our staffs or call 999"

I was standing quite near it and felt uneasy to see this suspicious article lying just beside me. You know, the space in the bus is limited and its quite normal for people to put their bulky stuffs wherever there is space while you occasionally will keep an eye on it. I looked around to try to see who's that person with that "eyes-on-it" look, but all I can see are Ah-peks looking outside the windows. There were these 2 teenagers standing near the "suspicious article" also and thought it belongs to the person standing right beside it. But when the latter alighted, the 2 teenagers looked at the luggage and exchanged suspicious glares at each other. I can imagine the dialogue cloud above their head "OMG... Suspicious article..." Anyway, they alighted shortly, mumbling among themselves. And me too, alighted shortly after them.

Will you report to the bus driver if you were me?

I wanted to report, but I was trying to convince myself that this branded luggage definitely belongs to someone on the bus... I have that urge to open up that luggage at a moment after looking around and staring at the luggage for very long, you know, the owner will definitely stand up and yell at me but at least I know it belongs to that stupid fella who left it unattended, creating unnecessary agonise... I suddenly thought how horrible my death will be if its really a bomb and blasted right in front of me... Was thinking of this... Worrying of that... Before I know it, I've reached my stop. And so, nothing was done. Haa...

But since there's no news of any bus "tragedy" in Singapore yesterday (pardon me for being sadist), I believe that luggage must have belong to someone on the bus. The posters and repeating reminders in the MRT on fighting terrorism have been effective ya? At least the teenagers and me are kinda worried when we saw that suspicious article.

Still wondering which fella left that luggage unattended... Hmm...

No comments: