Thursday, September 04, 2008

Dealing with nuisance bank calls

Its really a nuisance when banks call you up as and when to promote their bank services which you have zero interest in them.
This is how I deal with such nuisance call:

Banker : Hi, is this Wong XX (my name)?
Me : Yes
Banker : Hi Ms Wong, I'm calling from YYY bank and would like to share with you our new credit line service that our bank is currently offering...
Me : (before letting him continue further) Err... sorry, I'm busy at the moment, can you call me back later?
Banker : (usually...) Oh, can I call you later in the evening say 5pm?
Me : Yes, sure... bye...

Some will never call back and those who really call backs will only get to listen to my lovely voice message greetings.

I've got a colleague, very power response. She will say "Hi, oh, I'm very rich, rich enough, and I don't need all such services. Thanks huh..."

And I've overheard another colleague who response with agitation. "I'm not interested! This is not the first time I receive calls from your bank! Can you update your list that I'm not interested in whatever services you all are offering and stop calling my handphone?!" Poor banker, just wanna do his job but kenna scolded.

I believe such tele-salesperson must have met 1001 kinds of rejection. I do sympathise them as they're just fulfiling their task. So, the next time a banker or tele-sales calls you up, maybe just find a nice way to turn them down or a creative way to response to them and make their day; like the first colleague which I mentioned above =D

No comments: